PLEASE NOTE! CAMPING CANCELLED!
(see comments below post for more information)
Family Camping at the Fallen Alders – Hosted by The Comox Valley Kickers for camping during THE BIG TIME OUT 2011
This year the Comox Valley Kickers are providing family camping at the Fallen AldersCommunity Hall during The Big Time Out, as an addition to the event. We are pleased to offer you this accommodation option and ask that you please respect the generosity and privacy of the community of Royston and its Residents who have made this campsite available to us.
CAMPING INFORMATION AND POLICIES
- The Family Camping registration is on a first come, first served basis. We are offering a limited number of campsites located a short distance from the Village of Cumberland at the Fallen Alders Community Hall, 3595 Royston Rd. Each campsite is limited to a maximum of four (4) persons.
- Upon registering, each member of your group will be given a numbered wristband which corresponds to your campsite number. In order that we maintain the security and safety of the camping area and respect the paying campers, every campsite must display their respective number or they will be asked politely to leave.
- Registration and entrance to the campsite is from 12:00 pm until 8:00 pm - August12, 2011. After this, there will be no admittance for late comers. Please arrive early and arrive prepared.
- The cost is $50 per campsite for (2) two nights with a maximum of four (4) persons per campsite.
- Please note that we only except cash at the family camping site.
- Under Age Campers - We are offering this “family only” camping area so that families with young children have an opportunity for a quiet night away from the event. Campers of all ages are of course welcome! However, minors camping (under 19 yrs. of age) MUST be accompanied and supervised by an adult who is a member of their family, with a limit of 4 minors per adult who will be held solely responsible for the actions of the minors under their care. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Any campers under the age of 19 must be accompanied by an adult at time of registration, sorry, there will be no exceptions. This could prove disastrous if you forget to bring along your acceptable forms of identification.
- Please note that we do reserve the right to ask for proof of age so please bring your ID. If you can’t produce it, we can’t let ya’ in.
- The Comox Valley Kickers reserve the right to inspect items carried into the campsite. We want everyone to feel safe.
- Consumption of alcohol by minors is of course strictly forbidden let alone illegal and any suspected behaviour of this sort will result in confiscation of wristbands and the immediate removal from the campsite. We have a zero tolerance forunder age consumption of alcohol policy at our event as we endeavour to providea safe and welcoming environment for all.
Camping Area General
- Parking for campers’ vehicles will be on a first come, first serve basis and located in the Fallen Alder Hall parking lot, adjacent to the camping field.
- There are no vehicle, RV camping sites, strictly tent, shelter or cleverly arranged towel huts etc. For those wishing to camp with vehicles of any kind, there are local, privately run campsites available for you. Please visit the thebigtimeout.com website for info.
- Safety Courtesy and of course Common Sense.
- There will be no Open Fires, Tiki torches, 45 gallon drums full of fire or open flame permitted. Any use of these will result in…well you know what. If you require the use of Candles or Lanterns, they absolutely must be held at all times in a fireproof container. The location is a very dry one and given the time of year (hot-hot), we would not want to have a tragic situation. Please respect this as once again, there is a zero tolerance for this.
- Propane Stoves ARE permitted. Hibachi or Charcoal BBQ’s are NOT permitted.
- There are Fire Extinguishers available at the entrance to camping gate and as well, any one of our Camping Managers and or Security Team will be available to assist you immediately if need be.
- We strictly prohibit Drum Circles of any kind…as this is a Family space and quiet and harmony is extremely important.
- No form of amplified music or even canned music is permitted at any time in the camping and parking areas.
- Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm – 8:00 am this must be respected and will be enforced. Please respect your neighbour’s right to a good night’s sleep.
- The Comox Valley Kickers reserve the right to limit noise and/or rowdiness at anytime. On-site security will be available throughout the day and night throughout the campsite. Please report offenders to our security personnel.
- No Pets Allowed, as much as we all love our animals, not even an incredibly well trained Chinchilla clad with a diaper, will be permitted on site.
- Campers MUST remove their own garbage and recycling throughout the weekend. We ask that you please keep make every effort to keep your site as clean and as respectable as possible. Flower pots are allowed!
- You are responsible for the safety and security of your belongings while enjoying your stay with us. Please remember to lock up your valuables, secure your food and beverages.
- Visiting campers that demonstrate disrespect to others and others property WILL be removed from the entire event.
- August is fire season in BC. Smokers are asked to use extreme caution when butting out. We have containers available at the entrance gate if you would like to scoop up a little sand for extinguishing your cigarettes. There is a fire extinguisher at the entrance gate for emergencies, but please exercise common sense, as we REALLY would prefer to not use an extinguisher.
- There are none, sooooo……Kidding!, we are just making sure you are reading along. There is drinking water available at the entrance to the campsite. In addition, there are Porta-Potties located adjacent however, not too close to the water…ewww.
- Please enjoy the amazing shops in Cumberland where you will find everything needed for your stay from organic groceries, butcher, café’s, restaurants and even a village bakery.
- There is no power supplied of any kind…just the sun, and that is on us!
Please remember to bring the following:
- Ear plugs for a sound nights’ sleep….I would suggest a pair.
- Bug repellent. This is wasp season and of course there has been the odd mosquito let into the campsite in years past.
- Sunscreen and hats. This is very important especially for the younger ones.
- Water and food and something to sleep in or on.
- Watch out for your fellow camper and lend assistance when needed.
- Flashlight. It gets rather dark when the sun goes down.
- There is a First Aid Kit at the security tent, and a first aid attendant will be on-hand overnight.
- AGAIN – NO PETS ALLOWED IN THE CAMPSITE. Please respect our desire to keep the campsites animal free for the relaxation and comfort of all campers.
From all of us at the Comox Valley Kickers Rugby Club, thank you for your co-operation. Enjoy what will no doubt be the most exciting celebration of music and arts the Comox Valley has ever experienced!