Looking for a great coaching opportunity? Comox Valley Kickers Sr. Men’s Team is looking for a coach to help them strive for success as they move forward. All the information for application is provided below and inside this link here —> Sr Men’s Coaching Information
VOLUNTEER MEN’S RUGBY COACH NEEDED
The Comox Valley Kickers Rugby Club is located in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. We are a grassroots rugby club with a developing men’s, women’s and minis and junior programs. We are looking for a volunteer coach to take on growing the men’s side as they venture into the first division in the 2017-18 season. The successful candidate will embrace the clubs history while using their own unique coaching strengths to grow this side into a inclusive, respected, competitive team.
Those interested in this position should have or be willing to:
- Be registered with BC Rugby
- Be trained in SafeRugby or Rugby Ready and World Rugby Concussion Management
- Meet the BCRU coaching requirements – NCCP intro to competitive world rugby level 2
Application: To apply for this position, please submit a resume to the Comox Valley Kickers RFC at email@example.com Closing date for applications is Friday, July 14th. The successful candidate will be chosen by July 28th. For more information contact the above email or any executive member.
Reports to: Director of Senior Rugby Operations, and CV Kickers RFC Executive
A coach should be a natural leader with proven past coaching experience and a background that shows commitment and consistency. They should have a strong interest in player and club
development and overall promotion of the game. He should be willing to operate within the
guidelines of the program and BCRU’s code of conduct, the standards of the club and unions need to be met.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operate from a perspective of respect and inclusion
- Coordinate with other club members to promote a cohesive club community
- Run structured and planned practices ( 2 per week) and be present at weekly games
- Game day player selection
- Effective co-ordination and communication of game preparation with Dir. of Sr. Rugby Ops.
- Interest in player development, providing positive feedback and post game analysis
- Recruitment and retention, including communication and planning with local high schools
- Communicate areas of responsibility for team captain and other team leaders
- Attend coaching courses where needed
- Leading the players and clubs to promote the clubs good name while hosting and travelling
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical and tactical expertise and teaching ability
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Team building and group dynamics skills
- Strategic planning both short and long term
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills