Club members, alumni and interested parties. The executive has decided that we should have a formal process in place for the the recruitment and retention of our volunteer coaching staff.
To that end we have opened all the coaching positions (minis, juniors, seniors) to applications from those interested in coaching in whatever capacity at whatever level piques their interest. I encourage people who want to be involved in rugby and its development in the Comox Valley to submit an application.
Those of you who want more information can contact me directly at 250 421 8028. Or via email senior-rugby-operations@
Volunteer Coaching Positions available for Senior and Youth Rugby teams
Comox Valley Kickers RFC is seeking head coaches and assistant coaches for all 2016/17 programs. This includes one Senior Men’s and one Senior Women’s team as well as Juniors and minis.
The Comox Valley Kickers is a proud club that has a tradition of playing competitive rugby that dates back 125 years. The successful candidate will embrace the clubs history while using their own unique coaching strengths for building on the future. Good communication and interpersonal skills are what makes a good coach, one that works well with the players, fellow coaches, managers and support staff.
Those interested in these positions should have or be willing to:
- Be registered with BC Rugby
- Complete a Police Record Check – for all Coaches working with Youth
- Trained in SafeRugby or Rugby Ready
- Trained in World Rugby Concussion Management
- Meet the BCRU coaching requirements
- NCCP intro to competitive world rugby level 2
- Minimum one year coaching experience
Application: To apply for any of these positions, please submit a resume to the Comox Valley Kickers RFC via email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday, July 15th. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be chosen by July 29th.
Reports to: Director of Rugby Operations
A Coach should be a natural leader with proven past coaching experience and a background that shows commitment and consistency. With an invested interest in player and club development and overall promote the game. Willing to operate within the guidelines of the program and ensuring that the standards of the club are met.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Run structured and planned practices and training camps
- Player selection
- Effective co-ordination and communication of game preparation
- Interest in player development, providing positive feedback and post game analysis
- Encouraging excellence in execution
- Work collaboratively with other members of the support staff
- Recruitment and retention
- Communicate areas of responsibility for team captain and other team leaders
- Attend coaching courses
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical and tactical expertise and teaching ability
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Team building and group dynamics skills
- Strategic planning both short and long term
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills